Saturday 26 January 2008

Police Officers in London Rally

I read that Central London grinded to a halt as an estimated 22,500 off duty police officers marched on Parliament...Then I thought I'd research abit to see if I could find out how many were left to safeguard our streets.... Read this from the Telegraph website : Assaults and other non-accidental injuries cost the 51 forces a total of 37,500 days in sick leave last year - the equivalent of more than 100 officers off for a whole year. So there's another heap off, then you take into account those on leave, sports leave, tied up with ongoing investigations. Is it any wonder you hear people complaining about poor police responce ...... I wonder how many criminals took the day off seeing the rally was taking place, or did they go in for a little overtime......

No comments: