Friday 2 May 2008

Saved By My iPod

I went to the see the nurse at my doctors on Wednesday as I wanted to have my blood pressure and cholesterol checked. Blood pressure checked out OK but after attempts on both arms no blood was available. "You have to comeback and see the other nurse " That appointment was this morning.
I arrived 15 minutes early for my 9.30 appointment and the waiting was already filling up (I thought, if my Doctor is that good why are there so many sick people in his waiting room) anyway, I noticed there was this woman sitting who would search around the room with her eyes like a radar. Once eye contact was made with someone she zoomed in like a heat seeking missile and started the interrogation. "Whats wrong with you, what tables you on" etc etc (I'm sure you know the sort) As the room started to empty one by one she picked someone new to collar each time.
In this type of situation I have found that my ever trusty iPod (ignore People often device) comes in to it's own. People look at you but realise there's no point in talking to you..... Happy days.....
BTW the nurse today got the blood first time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've to go back to the doc's this Thurs..they don't have a problem getting at my veins..i've been told i've "the drugies dream arms" i was rather alarmed!!...but anyways,i'd be too tempted to turn it way up,which would be bad 'cause it takes that long to get an appointment, i don't wanna miss my name being quietly called as they do in the rowdy waiting room...

Anonymous said...

Ah, you don't have that problem in my hi-tech doc's. They put your name up in lights when it's your turn. The only down side is everyone knows your name when you get up, it's fun if you get up when a female name comes up on the board, it really freaks the old dears out...

Anonymous said...

I was watching out for my name in lights yesterday down the doctors,i was quite looking forward to confusing the oldies-as you had suggested(lol)..but alas they don't put the patient names up in the big smoke where i live...ah well..:+}