Thursday 14 February 2008

Duty of Care

Have you heard or read about the guy in Wearside who is suing the bookmakers William Hill for more than £2m, money he lost gambling after asking the bookmaker not to let him bet again. He thinks after he asked them to stop letting him bet it's their fault he has lost more money.
It will be for the court to establish exactly how and why the guy started betting again and whether William Hill can be held legally liable for his behaviour......

It's always someone else's fault when we mess up..... I wonder if I ask my local pub to stop selling me beer and the bakery to stop selling me cream cakes, if they don't, will it be their fault if I get drunk and fat? can I sue them ?

I was wondering who can I sue for being fat & ugly....it surely can't be my fault?...... Where do we draw the line and accept responsibility for our own actions? .....