Friday 14 August 2009

I See Tall Ships

I even saw tall ships in my dreams last night... Day 2 down at the port started off with a rain and more rain. The place turned into an umbrella hell. For the second day in a row I tried to get a good view of the ships. Yesterday it was the vast crowd that made it totally impossible for me to get around all the ships in the little time I had, today it was made impossible because of the huge amount of umbrellas on show to keep ye old blue rinse intact.... I had my face poked with them and nearly had an eye poked out, my fault of course for not having a cattle prod with me...
I did see a little bit of fund raising genius. It came from the crew of the "Jolie Brise 1913" This tall ship had broken part of a mast in a storm while crossing the Atlantic. The crew needed to raise funds to pay for the repair. The were sawing the broken mast into pieces and asking for a minimum donation of £2 to own a piece of the mast. The Jolie Brise is reported to be the oldest tall ship in the race....
I have an old broken Alegro? wonder could I pull the same stunt???

1 comment:

wdb said...

Havn't been to see them..n prob wont get to see them...but i'm not that sure i'm missing that much now!! lol Perhaps in another 9 years... xx:+}