Sunday 2 August 2009

Oh What A Gay Day

Went into the city centre yesterday for some shopping and lunch. The annual gay pride parade was taking place so I thought I'd check it out as there should be lots of colour. The PSNI were out in force (No, not in the parade) I asked a PSNI officer what time the parade would pass and he said "Who knows" (On the ball or what) Anyway, heard the whistles and vehicle horns blowing and spotted the parade coming so I said to the same PSNI officer "Here they come now" (Just in case he wasn't sure) Colourful it was, some lorry's and trailers decorated and loads of people waving and blowing whistles from the trailers, people walking around with signs saying things like Free Hugs (I never asked for one in case you were wondering) The parade lasted around 15 minutes with lots of the Saturday shoppers watching on, some with their approving smiles and some with their disapproving growls, others just went on about their business...
I always have my camera with me and I love to see carnival like parades in the city centre (Orange, Green or Pink, I don't care what colour) There was lots of colour in this parade but I have to say there was the odd one who spoiled the day by either carrying a rude sign (In my opinion) or displaying a rude gesture.. Does their cause no good....
Oh yes and there was the odd dog in the parade... (Woof woof type that is)

No comments: