Thursday 10 July 2008

Will I Live To Be 80?

Recently a man turned 65 and had to choose a new primary care physician for someone of that age. After two visits and exhaustive lab tests, the doctor told him he was doing 'fairly well' for his age.
A little concerned about that comment, he couldn't resist asking him, "Do you think I will live to be 80?" the doctor asked: "Do you smoke tobacco or drink alcoholic beverages?
"Oh no," he replied. "I don't do drugs, either."

"Do you have many friends and entertain frequently?" he said, "No, I usually stay home and keep to myself"
Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?"..."No, my other doctor said that all red meat is unhealthy!"
"Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, tennis, sailing,hiking or bicycling?" "No, I don't," he said.
"Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of sex?" "No," he said. "I don't do any of those things."

The doctor looked at him and said, "Then why worry?"

No comments: