Friday 10 April 2009

Sore Bum Bum

Nearly wrecked myself at the swimming pool this week. I had made a little promise to myself that when (And if) I started blogging again I wouldn't mention anything about my weight loss, well I think this is funny. I'd been at the pool for my daily swim, when it came time for me to get out, my path (Watery as it was) was occupied by a lot of tourists. Me being from Gods own area of this wonderful Island, didn't want to be ignorant by forcing my way through to the steps. (The steps being the ladder out of the pool) I have always found this the easiest way to exit the pool as leaving via the pool edge (because of my bulk) took a lot of upper body strength and about three attempts. But needs must so I got myself in the frame of mind and went for it, back to the edge, arms bent and a power lift. I used the same power as I would have before I lost the seven and a half stone. To my surprise I shot out of the water like a penguin being chased by a killer whale. I landed full force on my arse at the side of the pool (Wonder has that ever happened to a penguin?, no not at the pool) I thought my tail bone was broken to the amusement of the ones who just happened to be watching. I tried the same move yesterday with the same result.
Perhaps I'm just getting stronger...

3 comments:

Gazmagoo said...

you should wear padded swimming trunks !!
( at the front and back !! )

Grumpyhead said...

I do, and they are bullet proof

wee dolly bird said...

Ouch!!! I slipped one time..it was the slap of the fall&the embarassmant the stung the most....lol x:+}