Thursday 14 June 2007

It Didn't Take Long

It didn't take long for me to get annoyed, just five minutes from work to be precise. Picture this, a main city traffic junction. As the traffic lights changed to green, which to most people signals go, but the lady in the big silver merc decides to buy a evening paper off one of the new junction paper sellers that are becoming the normal about our city, not that I have anything against self enterprise but when it interferes with my journey home then I get annoyed. Perhaps the car is too big for her to park outside a newsagent. My advice to her is to either get a smaller car or have the paper delivered.
A few minutes later at a mini roundabout we go to the other end of car scales, the small car. I don't want to sound sexist but this one was also driven by a female. The word out there is men can't multitask, that may be true considering how this woman was multitasking. I have to take my hat off to her. She was negotiating a four road mini roundabout, changing gear, and talking on her mobile phone all at the same time. (someone must tell her about handfree kits) I did feel a little sorry for her though, she had a big Leeds FC badge swinging on her rear window ...... which I have to say would be causing a blind spot in her rear view, but hey what would I know anyway.

No comments: