Saturday 9 August 2008

Royal Snail (Part 3)

The saga continues.... Tried from 12:00 to get through on the phone to Tomb Street (I have a good idea why it's called that) but surprise surprise it was engaged. My wonderful house phone has a ring back feature on it. So I let the phone ring until it cut out after 5 minutes with a message saying "no answer at the number you are trying, press 5 for ring back, so I did.
About 2 minutes later it rang, I answered, and nobody there. I went through the same procedure 4 times.... After that I just tried my luck. Sometimes it rang, no answer... Time was slipping away as they close at 1, I got through about 12:40.... Happy days I thought....

What I'm about to tell you is the honest truth about what was said....

The voice said "Hello".. "Hi, could you check for me if my two parcels are in yet please" I asked... "Ah.. hold on, I don't know what the craic is down here" and off he went.... about 30 seconds later this other guy came on the phone "Hello".. "Hi, if I gave you two parcel reference numbers could you check if they are there yet please".. "Don't give me the numbers, whats the address" told him, off he went and returned empty handed. "It can take up to 48 hours to reach here" he said...

Why go on I thought... Looks like Monday ..... We are going to see The Mummy tonight, maybe I'll check if my parcels are in Hamunaptra

No comments: