Saturday 1 December 2007

At Last The Sun

Up @ the scrake of dawn, clear Sky's except for this great big burning sun. At last the weather I came for. Showered, shaved and the third S done, off I went to a Dennys on International Drive (6 Minutes from my hotel) Got a great breakfast complete with the usual tourist concern "How ya doin, have a nice day now" I have to say I could get used to it, could you just imagine getting onto a Translink bus and the driver saying "How ya doin, have a nice day now" (Instead of the normal grunt) After breakfast straight to Universal Studios theme park. I just had to do the Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges, in short a right good soaking. I was absolutely ringing when I got off the ride. People were getting onto the ride wearing poncho's and I thought whimps, I did change it to smart guys after about 30 seconds into the ride.
Noticed my rental car was half full of fuel (Or was it half empty, I can never tell which is right) topped up to a full tank $19. Why is our fuel so expensive, yeah you've got it TAX. Someone once said "A fine is a tax for doing wrong and tax is a fine for doing right " Think they hit the nail on the head. Back at the hotel now to totally let my shorts dry out and later I'm going out for a nice evening meal. I may not get to blog tomorrow as I'm driving down to Fort Lauderdale to catch a cruise ship to the Caribbean.
Yeah I know, life can be a bitch sometimes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing like rubbing it in!!! It's pissing down at home and not to mention freezing!! Glad you are enjoying yourselves!

Anonymous said...

ps watching your ship on the webcam...http://www.costacruise.com/B2C/USA/WebCam/webcam.htm

Anonymous said...

PS waferino is aka Alfie!!!!