Tuesday 11 December 2007

Macy's Christmas Parade

Went to Universal Studio's today. The place was deserted, it was great, not long to queue for the rides (Still didn't stop some morons pushing past and queue jumping though) I did bite my tongue for a while. But when the these three tall blonde haired teenagers (who looked like they were marching across Poland) nearly took my head off as they jumped in, was the last straw. After I said something like, "Say excuse me, you silly boys" One of them came back to tell me, "I am from Germany" in a way to suggest that he couldn't understand me. Unfortunately my German isn't great, but I think he understood before he rejoined his mates.
All was not bad though, after some rides and shows, I took a seat on the sidewalk (Futpath) and waited to see the Macy's Christmas Parade. It was great with loads of floats and balloons, reminded me of our Lord Mayor's Show. (Only, without the floats) Throughout the day Universal characters from stage and screen where on hand at various parts of the park for photo opportunity's. (The Simpsons, Scooby Doo, Blues Brothers etc) I think Zorro got a bit annoyed when I said to someone in a raised voice "Oh look, Batman" but It did get some smiles from the bystanders. Santa's little helpers were a great hit, with every little boy between 1 & 100 rushing to get their photograph taken with them. Happy Holidays.........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your both having a great time. Nice pic but those six santas do spoil it some!!

William & Karen

Anonymous said...

nice pic the middle one looks more like santa than the rest lol
j