Friday 3 August 2007

Lifts / Elevators

What is it with people waiting on lifts / elevators (depending on what you like call them) The minute the vessel arrives and before the doors have fully open they are trying to climb in. Why do they always assume it is empty on arrival or those on board don't wish to disembark. It drives me mad. I think all lift doors should be see through so these people can see the lift is empty or not, and a big flashing neon light saying PEOPLE WANT OUT
I was in a lift today in work, (that's what I like to call them) descending from the sixth floor carrying some equipment to the ground floor, as the door opened this guy carrying a portable television immediately started to come in as I was about to walk out.
He stopped inside between me and the doors and asked "Are you getting out" I'm sorry but sarcasms just took over, I said "No, I'm multi-skilling as a lift attendant" at which he stepped sidewards and asked for the fifth floor ..... Have I met my match do you think?

No comments: