Wednesday 1 August 2007

Tourists Galore

Isn't it wonderful to see we now have tourists flocking into our city. I can't remember seeing so many before. (well, not in uniform and carrying a rifle that is). No mater what you think or think you think, it's fantastic to see the tour buses and cruise ships arriving into the city.
Another thing I thought I'd never see are the tour buses, filled to capacity as they tour the city sightseeing, no mater what the weather. (and there as so many sites in this city to see) I went into the city this lunchtime for a walk and couldn't believe the variety of languages I had heard. Foreign tour buses were dropping off passengers at the City Hall and the tourists were heading into the city centre, with umbrellas in one hand and city maps in the other. The only thing is they want to study the map standing in the middle of the footpath while you are trying to get past.
I thought "I Know" I'll learn how to say excuse me in different languages, just in case I need it.

German: Entschuldigen Sie! (ent-SHOOL-de-gen zee)
French: Excusez-moi
Italian: Mi-scusi
Spanish: Perdone
Japanese: Sumi masen
Irish: Gabh mo leithsceal

Tell you what, just Click Here to learn more

No comments: